Monday, August 2, 2010

Mascarpone, Herb, and Tomato Tart






FINALLY! I finished the unfinishable tart chapter! This last recipe started off on the wrong foot. The original recipe called for Fromage Blanc, but the three times I went to Whole Foods to get it, they were out. Thus, the mascarpone cheese. Overall, the substitution was serendipitous--the finished tart was mild, creamy, and had a nice smooth texture. Once the tart shell was blind baked, I poured the custard mixture (a rich blend of cream, eggs, cheese, onions, garlic, and thyme) over the sliced, vine-ripened tomatoes. The tart baked for 30 minutes and made a delicious dinner. I loved how easily this came together and I think it would make the perfect dish to share with friends at a brunch. And the best part is, I can now move on to the Fruit Desserts chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment