Monday, July 20, 2009

Pizza Dough


I've made pizza dough quite a few times, but I really enjoyed this recipe. With the option to use all purpose flour, or bread flour, I opted for the bread flour. I think this contributed to a light and chewy crust that perfectly crisped and blistered in the hot oven. The pizza dough was so easy to make--there was a quick starter and the dough only went through one rise. The recipe made quite a bit of dough, so I made a fresh margherita pizza and froze the rest of the dough for another day. The pizza only took 7 minutes to bake in a 500-degree oven, and the end result was simple but delicious. Author, Cindy Mushet, suggested brushing the finished pizza crust with a little olive oil, a trick that added a slight shine and great flavor (and something I'll do to my pizzas going forward!). I know I'll be using this recipe on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment