Monday, November 2, 2009

Chocolate-Banana Marble Bread






Banana bread never fails to please and this recipe is no exception! This recipe was different than any of the other banana bread recipes I’ve baked because it called for adding cocoa powder to half of the batter (and a lot of mixing bowls!). I started by mashing three very ripe bananas with vanilla. In another bowl, I blended the dry ingredients. Next, I creamed butter and sugar together until light and fluffy then added in two eggs, one at a time. While the wet ingredients blended, I created a cocoa paste by mixing boiling water with cocoa powder. Next, I alternately added the banana purée and dry mix until the batter was fully incorporated. I poured half of the batter into a mixing bowl and blended in the cocoa paste. Finally, using an ice cream scoop, I filled a loaf pan with a scoop of banana batter, then chocolate batter, until the pan was full. After a quick swirl to marbleize the batter, into the oven it went for 55 minutes at 350-degrees. The banana bread was fragrant, incredibly moist, and I found that the cocoa complemented the banana in a way that added a complexity to an otherwise standard recipe. This one is a winner!

Up next: Herb Corn Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment