Monday, November 2, 2009

Herb Corn Bread




Sometimes a classic recipe is improved with the addition of new ingredients, and sometimes its not. Sadly to say, this recipe for corn bread would have been better without adding so many herbs. On the plus side, this recipe was very easy to make. I blended the dry ingredients (corn meal, flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder) in a large bowl. I whisked in frozen corn, fresh sage, parsley, thyme, and a minced shallot. I then added in half and half and eggs and mix until just combined. The muffins baked up to a golden brown after 22 minutes in a 350-degree oven. They smelled really good, but the when I tasted them I found the herbs a little overwhelming. If I make this recipe again I would leave out the corn and decrease the herbs by half. (sadly, I accidentally deleted the photo of the finished muffin!)

On deck: Cinnamon-Streusel Sour Cream Coffee Cake (say that five times fast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment