Monday, July 5, 2010

Classic French Fruit Tart





So, its been awhile since I've updated my page. What can I say? I got busy. Well, I'm back and I'm dedicated to getting through every last recipe, so here we go (again). This time around though, rather than explain how each recipe is made, I'm just going to share my thoughts (if you want the recipes, buy the cookbook!).

Tarts. Oh tarts. I'm not going to lie, this chapter is killing me. For some reason, I just don't have the motivation to get through this chapter the way I did the others. I'm not sure if its the recipes, the medium, or me.

The first recipe in the tart chapter was a Classic French Fruit Tart. The best part of this recipe was how impressive the tart looked at the end--loads of perfectly ripe berries arranged in concentric rings. The tart was easy to make if you broke the recipe down into steps and had all of the pieces ready to assemble. The finished result was not only pretty, but delicious. My one suggestion would be to eat this the day you make it. I enjoyed mine the next day and the fruit released some juice and watered down the pastry cream. Overall, if you want an impressive and fairly easy dessert, this is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment