Sunday, July 11, 2010

Potato, Onion, and Gruyère Galette







This was the first savory recipe in the tart chapter and it didn't disappoint! I made this for dinner and served it alongside a salad and tomato bisque--yummm! I really loved that this recipe was a galette, or free form tart. I think galettes have a rustic charm to them, and this tart looked gorgeous with it's rich golden crust, bubbly cheese, and browned potatoes. The crust was buttery, flaky and brought out the buttery nutty notes of the cheese and potatoes. The galette had a great combination of textures, from the flaky crust to the creamy cheese, to the melt-in-your-mouth onions. This was a great Sunday night dinner and a recipe that I know I can adapt with a number of cheeses and vegetables in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment