Sunday, August 16, 2009

Maple Pecan Sticky Buns








I was so excited for this recipe--who doesn't love sticky buns? The recipe began by creating the gooey, stikcy topping (a combination of maple syrup, butter, and brown sugar, topped with pecans, or walnuts in my case). Once the topping was in the pan I started on the dough--the same rich, breakfast dough as in the previoust wwo recipes. Thankfully, the dough came together much easier this time around. Once the dough was proofed I was able to roll in out into a large rectangle and cover it with a mixture of cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar. I rolled the dough into a long log and sliced it into twn equal sections. After gently pressing down on each bun, I placed it into the pan with the gooey topping. The dough went through a final proofing for an hour before baking in a 350 degree oven for thirty minutes. The final sticky buns came out great--they tasted fantastic and the doughg was the perfect texture. The only probelm I had with the recipe was i used a springform pan and unfortunatley, a lot of the gooey topping leaked out during the baking. I think If I used a different pan, the topping would have caramelized better and resulted in a better sticky bun. Next time!

Up next: Classic Croissants (the first recipe in chapter two!)

No comments:

Post a Comment